Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good News

Nothing on this earth makes dealing with misery more tolerable than getting good news! And Good News is what I got today. The PET scan, after 2 months of treatment, came back with great results. No cancer cells anywhere in the body other than my liver and those multiple tumors are responding to chemotherapy like gangbusters! Tumor in the colon is shrinking and is no longer visible on the scan and is not really a concern right now. Chemo will continue to kill it… it is the liver that is my concern. My Oncologist was nearly dancing today when we met. So, what does this mean….it means I am forever in debt to all of you who have had me in your thoughts and prayers, it means I have the best, most loving and supportive family a person could possibly ask for; it means efforts to eat cancer healthy and organic have helped and it means a positive attitude is also a great healer. If I was not clear before, let me be crystal clear now; I am going to beat this! Next step is meeting with a liver surgeon which is in the works. That will allow me to establish groundwork for qualifying for resection and/or transplant sometime in the future, whichever is the way to go. It will give me new goals to meet, new hope. Today, as everyday, is the first day of the rest of my life… I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life. Be well of spirit, be healthy of body, and seek only Positive Pursuits.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS NEWS!!!
    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled to hear your wonderful and amazing news!!! You have been in my thoughts so much lately, this is just the best thing for me to hear to start my day.
    -Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are in my every prayer! Great news!

    ReplyDelete