Saturday, April 24, 2010

Glitches

I have learned that a diagnosis of cancer gives one an increased and everlasting ability to deal with glitches.  This week chemotherapy would not work...as my implanted pump would not work. So after several hours of trying alternative positions to relocate the tube that runs to my artery, I was dispatched to Mercy Gilbert Hospital for a dye test to see what the problem was. And, after a three hour wait, I had the ten minute test completed. It showed no repositioning, and no kinks and while lying flat, the hospital staff could get a drip to go in but no blood to come out. So off the chemotherapy the next day (Friday) only to find that no position would get it to work. The resolve, I got hooked up to two mechnical pumping devices to get all my weed killer in, yet another 5 hour day and carried home a portable mechanical pump to keep the stuff running until Sunday. I also brought home a medicine/chemical that now resides in my fridge to be administered Sunday by the home health nurse. With luck.... the problem could be that my body does not like a foreign object inside of me so created a sheath around the tube to protect me. Problem is, I do not need the protection so the chemical injection on Sunday, into my port pump, should dissolve the sheath created by my body. If not, I will need outpatient surgery again to go in and fix the darn thing.  So............we are being creative in resolving the issue and I am being patient in that waiting is now just part of my life.  In the meantime, other than severe neuropathy in hands, feet and throat...being electrocuted when cold and now having lost most of the ability to taste anything except dill pickles and vinagrette, I am doing really good and remain, as always, positive. Next item...the dark days are coming and then we meet with the liver surgeon....go team! Stay well, be happy and seek only Positive Pursuits.

1 comment:

  1. There is always some kind of challenge, isn't there, Deb? I'm sorry things are getting hinky. You and your positive pursuits always remain in my thoughts. Be well my friend.

    ReplyDelete