Sunday, March 27, 2011

After

 I have been dilligent now about staying on top of all provider activity. Resolved the issue with the expired meds given to me and using the wrong medical provider for take home weed killer (chemo)! This mistake, while did not cost me ill health, will cost the Cancer center some dollars as they will pay for the provider contracted in error. Guess that is why they have medical liability insurance! Glad the mistake was not at the expense of my life! That will not happen again.

Today had an opportunity to meet with old (young) friends for whom and with whom I worked in the days of employment. It was a beautiful day and I hope those that attended the brunch event know just how wonderful it was to reconnect live and in person. For those of us with Cancer and unemployment to boot, staying home, dealing 97% of the time with medical providers can drag you down. I know, I am responsible for considering more enlightened activities but just to talk with people is wonderful, especially if you know them! :) Anyway, I had a great time seeing friends and sharing stories and hope they know how much that meant to me. Hugs

With my dark week of chemo side effects effectively gone last Thursday, I am good to go over the weekend and for the next three days. Feel good, look good, life is good.  While I dread chemo on Thursday next, I shall not dwell on that until perhaps the night before... then I really do not dwell but an unspoken pall sort of hovers around my aura which now should look pretty colorful but by then, gray perhaps.

I have considered preparing a "bucket list" of things I wish to see or do before.... well, before... but without an adequate income, the bucket shall remain empty. Not much I wish to do that is zero in cost... so instead I am going to try to stop procrastinating and get back to writing. I love poetry and writing and have a book in mind, but need to pull it out of my head and get it down on paper. Got one childrens book done, need to self publish but the important one in my head remains dormant.... kick start in process. :)

So, I have a Survival DVD to watch regarding eating better.... and three books to read, one to write and dinner to prep. Guess I had better get going. Hope you are all doing your small part in managing your own healthcare, making healthy choices, and staying above all else: POSITIVE.

1 comment:

  1. You are as awesome as they come!

    I would so love to your words in a book. I will become the official book nag :)

    I think it should be called Dear Deb

    ReplyDelete