Saturday, January 14, 2012

Call, call and then call again.

I win, after days of playing merry go round with phone options that did not remotely involve a human being, I finally got through on the web. My email inquiry had an automated response that said I would get answers to my questions in ten days (too late to do anygood) and I immediately responded with "not good enough". To my surprise, I got a response in two days that the process required additional information from the oncologist...yeah yeah and was in process. It was approved the next day so my PET scan is scheduled the 17th of Jan, labs the 17th of Jan and chemo resumes the 19th of Jan. none too soon. I suppose being a bit of a cynic works sometimes. I hate being crabby but it is my life we are talking about now and I expect good service for the zillions of dollars they charge me each month, which by the way is more than my income...hmmmm something wrong with this picture.  At least I get coverage. They may someday say: "nope, too old, not worth the investment, go die". So I am lucky. Hope the scan is not too bad for taking a month off to live a normal life.... hope the chemo continues to work, hope I get another couple years.... I have too much to do, I am not done yet, I am still fighting. Thanks for being here for me. Positive pursuits only, remember that and please take care of your body. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment