Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life is Good

Well, despite the diagnosis, life is good. That's the way I see it, so it is. :) I finally feel good after my down week and have one more chemo treatment next week, then..... a long awaited reprieve. Taking December off may not be the best chemo plan but I need it after eleven months of treatment this year alone. It is a time to rebuild the immune system, the personal energy aura, the positive attitude and a time to get to some of those things on my bucket list. While I cannot work a normal job now, I have submitted my resume to God daily.... hopeful that he will let me continue to watch over my family and good friends. For one, I shall sit on her shoulder while she rides her hog, protecting her from harm, sticking her in the ribs when she barks the F word in the hopes she will just forgive those who do not meet her standards which is just about everyone... lol for another, I shall calm her when motherhood overwhelms her, whispering in her ear that she is a wonderful mom and hoping she will be empowered by that knowledge. For another I shall perch atop the Eiffel Tower in her dreams.... she will know I am there as I will be waving frantically, happy she is there again and again. For many I hope to come to them in prayer when they  need support. For my grandchildren I hope to be that gut feeling that guides them to do the right thing and grow into conscientious citizens who care about others, and I hope to be that fleeting kiss felt by my husband and children in the night when they wonder if I am okay. I will be okay and will always love them. My "bucket list" has not gotten any shorter so December will be my month to attack some items there and get them done. Occasonally I get pensive in my thoughts, not sad, just thoughtful. Today is one of those days. Looking forward to a little trip planned to erase cancer from my mind for a few days and then some time to think more about the needs of others instead of me. I cannot express how glad I will be to get next week over with and move on. In January, I will start anew and will continue to fight ever so hard to live with this. What will be, will be and I am okay with that but I have work to do yet and will not give up easily. Stay well my friends, eat healthy, take time to rejuvinate your body and soul and always, always seek only Positive Pursuits. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to forgive idiot drivers. :) I feel you on my shoulder often Deb. Keep the jabs coming! Love you!

    ReplyDelete