Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Breathe and Be Well


If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark. Thomas L. Odem Jr.



     I am doing well. My most recent scan was most positive, showing shrinkage in all tumors on the liver. I had expected less despite my positive outlook as the one prior was not so good.  I must always remember that scans, like life, are a matter of interpretation. Therefore, results can vary and I do not take them as the sole source of determining how I am doing.  I feel well, except for a few days of discomfort during chemotherapy treatments, and have long ago resolved to see only the good in people, only the blessings in my life, and only the most positive outlook regarding the future.  The quote above is the essence of my being. While there could be many reasons the Lord has allowed me to do this well, I know that in my heart I hope to touch someone, friend, foe or stranger and add some small speck of joy to their lives. Whether by virtue of my words or actions, making someone feel better is my daily endeavor. If nothing else is accomplished in my life except a faint memory of me, nameless or not, having brought hope, joy, laughter or calm to someone in their lifetime, my time here is then worthwhile. 

My cancer treatment continues with the same cocktail I have had since February of this year. As long as scans show improvement, I shall continue. If not, I will attempt to resume my original treatment hoping the side effects are minimal until such time as I can no longer tolerate said treatment. My only option after that is Clinical Trials, Homeopathy medicine or other alternative treatment. I am hopeful my continued positive attitude will see me through those options and continue to show either improvement or simply stability. I will take either. The quote above, however simple, is a fine mandate for all of us, sick or not. It not only can change the life of another, but enhance our own lives more than you can know.

While lives are so busy for those of you employed, please, take time each day to take stock of what you are doing. If pressured, use meditation for ten minutes to relieve your body of inflammation. If ill, tend to it immediately. And if it is time to get that physical, ask questions and pursue preventative measures against cancer…. Screen early, it can save your life.

Pursue only positive pursuits… hugs to all, your support is appreciated.

1 comment: