Friday, December 3, 2010

Always Looking

It has been nearly two months that I have been off chemotherapy. Not because I am cured, just needed some time to be normal and allow my body to gear up for the next year of chemo treatments. It is disconcerning sometimes that I will be on chemo drugs forever, unless something miraculous occurs, but I am willing to accept that for now.

My daughters, however, are not. They are constantly seeking treatment options, alternative treatments, cures, etc..... so, with their prompt, I am scheduled for an in depth assessment via the Cancer Center of America. I will meet with this facility on Tuesday, Dec. 7th to start the 4-6 day assessment. I am open minded about the whole thing. The center is supposed to be geared to developing treatment that is unique to me... and frankly, I have been looking for that sense of personalization for some time.

So wish me luck. If they offer something more in the way of treatment besides pallative care, my husband and I will move to the west side of Phoenix to be closer. If not, we will move anyway due to economics, but remain on the east side which has been our preference. We shall see.

In the meantime, I feel great, look great, and am actively seeking part time employment to not just supplement a miserable income situation but to gain some sanity in my life. While I enjoy being home with my retired (not by choice) husband, after 39 years together...... we are getting on each others' nerves with the whole "see you 24/7 thing".  I need to get my life back.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday this year. I cherish every holiday now, in fact, I cherish every day!  Enjoy, be grateful for all you have and share the spirit with others.

Be healthy, be happy and seek only Positive Pursuits now and in the New Year.  May it be a good year. =:)

No comments:

Post a Comment