Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's A Good Day

One of the more positive aspects of being diagnosed with terminal cancer is that life takes on a new and wonderful perspective. It is almost euphoric! Sure, I deal with some dark days, have serious unemployment issues, healthcare problems to iron out, and income so low it is but a drop in the bucket compared to liabilities….but it is my day, another day of life and I cannot help but smile. The sun may be hidden today but it is there somewhere and will shine on me tomorrow…. I have never loved my husband more than this moment, my children seem to glow in the dark with their exceptional attributes and I am free to forgive every insensitive person I meet, and I do. The air smells better, the food (when I can eat) tastes better and the horizon is in view and it holds good things as long as you remain positive. With the sense that life could be short I soar and it is my intent to lift up everyone I meet and take them for that ride. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to disallow others from bringing you down with their own shortcomings. I will not allow negatives to cling to me and I am happy to take your negative vibes from you and toss them aside if that will brighten your day. This journey will be long, I know, but the road I choose to take, you can choose also, following your own path of positive pursuits…. It’s a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Can I get directions??? I love everything about YOU!! You so make me smile!! Thank you for being my friend! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all God's people said AMEN

    ReplyDelete