Thursday, September 23, 2010

It is Thursday... Chemo Party again!

Today was chemo day...it is never a joyous day, but I accept the necessity and look forward to a group of ladies I have met during my regular treatments. I have to admit, the ladies, Joanie who is new today, Mary whom I just met but  who has battled off and on since 2002, Kathy, on her second or third battle who is truly a trooper, Joe who is an optimistic wonder, Carol who is most gentle and lovely and Sharon who is new but had a great attitude and finally Jenny who also is most admiral. I am so in awe of these ladies, all of whom have a different take on their respective illness but all of them fighters. I feed from their strength as if it were my own and their comaraderie makes the long day go by much faster. We support each other and it is a joy to have each of them be a contributor to my well being, to my life with cancer, to my spirit, to my future. Thank you ladies for your smiling faces and will to face your disease with a vengeance.
I gratefully was not sick today but my husband, bless him, drove and hung out all day so I did not have to risk nausea and driving.. however my home health folks forgot to send my chemo "party ball" which I wear home and for the next 44 hours receiving chemo nonstop... so I am staying up, waiting for the nurse who will arrive at 10pm to hook me up. It will be a long couple of days, sigh. I also found out today, that there will be absolutely no medical cure option for me barring new medical breakthroughs or the Grace of God. I investigated tomography radiation ablation as an option for liver tumor eradication and the answer right now is no. Without boring you to death per the details, I accept the explanation. So, chemo seems to be working, new PET scan will be done end of October to track results but my cancer cell count was 34 on August 12th when I resumed chemo, today it was 10 (nice :) and for many patients it can soar to 700 or above. I am feeling that chemo is once again working. So my goal is to shrink the tumors to oblivion and keep them there so I can live with this disease for many years to come. I still eat well and as organic as possible, I am in tune with treated water in  #1 bottles only, I am as positive in my belief that I have God on my side every moment, and give thanks for the multitude of blessing in my life. I want to live, I seek only positive pursuits, I support anyone who needs me, I appreciate prayers, I am going to beat this or at least live with it for a long time. I will win, one way or the other. Be Well, Eat well, seek only positive pursuits, and be happy. Hugs, Deb

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that you will win this fight. You're in my thoughts every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, If I could, I would bottle up your positiveness in #1 bottles then then sell to those who could use it. Of course, if they couldn't afford, they would get for free. If they could afford, all proceeds would go to charity. I truly do feed off of your attitude and I thank you for this!!

    ReplyDelete