Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chemo Day Again

I am never really happy about going to chemo every two weeks because I know I have to look forward to the dark days after.... but on the other hand I had a lovely chat with about five other women today and it passed quickly. Last chemo blog blamed fast food for food poisoning event and now, I must own the fact I was wrong. Not the fast food. Currently one of my medications is being withheld from chemo since I had trouble healing a wound from surgery. The drug prevents healing; hence I did not get it last week or today. It also lessens side effects. So, today I went to chemo alone. I need to remember that my husband needs a break once in a while also, as this disease is not all about me. After chemo, driving home, I was going to be sick again. So, the deduction is: it is the lack of the drug, not fast food that makes me sick. I wondered how I would drive and barf at the same time... not an easy feat. Perhaps I could zip into the center turn lane, put blinkers on and have at it. Of course I am fanatical about keeping the car clean, so how would I do this, lean out the door. Yikes.... so as I am thinking of how to handle the impending situation, I am simultaneously removing everything from my purse, the only thing that remotely resembles a container for...you know what. I also prayed hard: Dear Lord, please place your hand upon my stomach and ease the urge to be ill until I get home. I did this all the way home and He answered my prayer. I took pills to prevent when I got home, hung out in the "loo" for awhile just in case, then took my bucket and went to bed for a 2 hour nap. Felt ok when I arose. There is always something to deal with when you have Cancer but I am dealing. I depend on prayer a lot and am blessed with all of your support and a loving family and meeting some very strong women at the Cancer center. I am good. Next chemo will be better. I had a great labor day as both daughters, husbands and children drove or flew in for the weekend. I was in grandma and mom heaven. I am so lucky. Remember my friends, DO NOT PUT OFF THE COLONOSCOPY if you are 50 or older. This cancer is sooooooooooo preventable and the procedure is easy and painless except for little discomfort the night before. While my cancer was missed during my regular check up procedure, I am not the norm. There is a reason for this, just haven't figured it out yet, nor fretting if I do not. It will be identified to me someday. In the meantime, I am still well for the most part, still believe in miracles, still fighting this hard and trying to do the right things regarding health and well being. I am thankful for my life, my husband, my family and friends, new and old. And eternally grateful to God for the strength he lends me regularly. Stay well, be happy, and seek only positive pursuits. Hugs

2 comments:

  1. So glad you weren't sick in your purse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, should it have happened, thank goodness you don't buy those expensive purses!! :-)

    ReplyDelete