Sunday, July 11, 2010

Surgery Update

I learned, at an young age, that my list for Santa could be as long as I like, but I would only receive one or two gifts from him. I learned I would not always get what I want.

Such is the case here... the colon tumor was removed but the liver resection did not happen. Word on the ward is that it would have put me at a higher rate of risk than the surgeon wanted to take. So, this chance for a cure was unsuccessful.

That is not to say I am out of options, I am not. Next steps will be the Radiology Oncologist. It is here where tiny radioactive seeds are planted in the remaining tumors where they are subsequently blasted from within. This should work and is safer than the resection. In any event, I am recuperating at home, slowly but surely. Won't be back to normal for awhile, takes about 6 weeks or so and I am only one week into being home. I have been gutted, much the same as a fish ....lol hence my abs are of no value right now. I sleep in a recliner as I cannot get out of a bed yet. Eating is minimal however all internal parts are working, thank God.

I appreciate your prayers during my surgery and now, recovery. I ask you to keep me in your thoughts for awhile longer while I head back to chemotherapy and a longer road to recover. I will get there, apparently the hard way, but as long as I have options, I am good to go.

More to come...too tired to linger here.,... be well, be happy and remember to seek only Positive Pursuits. xoxoxo me.

4 comments:

  1. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I have been watching for your update and am glad to see you have options. Stay strong, and as you already know, a lot of your recovery depends on your attitude. Please keep us posted.

    Lenore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home now. You will recover better there. Your room in the hospital was not nice. :) I will wait for updates and when you're well enough I will come over to do lunch with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a rock star!!! And the strongest woman I know !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself and focus on getting well. While this is not the outcome you hoped for, this is still good news. I am thinking of you, and hoping you have a fast recovery.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete