Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Year, New Regime

Hi, sorry for the delay. I returned from a month off chemo in January to resume chemotherapy based on my initial aggressive treatment. The first round was awful, put me down nearly ten miserable days. Oncologist decided to lower the dose so now, after my second treatment, recovery is much the same a usual. One week good, one week bad, and on and on.  It will be interesting to see if going back to this treatment does any good. We will know in a couple months when the next PET scan occurs. In the meantime I am preparing for the day when chemo stops.... it will happen.  Went to an Herbalist Seminar and was pretty impressed with the natural approach and only slightly disappointed that no matter the health venue, they are all as expensive as crappy prescriptions. So, financially, my boat will always be sinking. I have some immune system/liver boost pills and some tea which tastes like dirt (Essiac) that is my backup during this chemo. Trouble is, I get so sick I cannot take the supplements except during my well week. Since Herbs are sloooooooooooooooooooow in working, that probably negates their good. We will see. Stay well, stay positive. Thanks for all the prayers, still need them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment