Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Today is beautiful and I wish all you mothers out there a wonderful day. I am so blessed to have two beautiful and successful daughters, who are mothers themselves, who love and support me through this tough road without thoughts of anything except my health and comfort. That you God for blessing me so. 

On another note, my previous post queried a friend to contact me since I lost her phone number. As is the norm, as soon as you claim defeat in finding something, it turns up... so I have the number found in a most conspicuous place. I wonder sometimes if my brain is adversely affect by chemo.... I forget so much anymore.

This new chemo cocktail received over a week ago, is okay I think. The first seven days were miserable with nausea and I have had some discussion with a medical friend who suggests I get a card for legal medical marijuana... to bake into cookies or ? which, according to many, will relieve the nausea. I intend to inquire this coming Thursday when I go in for my second treatment of this series.  The good news is neuropathy is gone, except for that portion which is irreversable, and I look forward to using our pool this summer when temps exceed 110.  I have not lost my hair yet, but keep looking in the shower for signs... lol    and the diarrhea never came as expected this time. So all and all, I am doing pretty good. On day 8 I felt quite normal.

I continue to count my blessings daily for supportive and fabulous friends, loving and wonderful family and a husband who should not have to spend his final years dealing with my crap.... I wish I could change that, but cannot.  I got a "juicer" for mom's day which is to lead me on a healthier path of food intake and may help when I just cannot eat solids. I look forward to learning how to use it. I also received books, and I love to read and a blingy watch which satisfies my desire for something personal since shopping is and has been out of budget for a couple years now. Thank you girls.... and loving roses from my hubby who knows I love fresh flowers especially here in the desert. Thank you all. And remember, to seek only positive pursuits.... it is good for you. Blessings

1 comment:

  1. To an exceptional woman I am proud to call "mom." Love you!!

    ReplyDelete