Friday, January 14, 2011

Back in Business

Pet Scan results were as expected... two small areas of tumor lit up which indicates slow growth over the two months I took off. No cancer cells evident anywhere other than the liver so good news there. Chemo was tough, I found myself slightly euphoric while off the weed killer, making plans as if I were well again... then the reminder....back to chemo, now and forever and plans, some of them, on hold or being revised to fit reality.  Trying to find a way to work part time to offset the ghastly costs of healthcare but not get in the way of continuing disability. Our income is so low, being laid off for nearly two years now and the cost of living with cancer is high... so anything can help. Coming back to chemo was not as easy this time... I hear, and now know, that when you take time off to gather your strength or put on a few pounds... it is a bit harder when you return. I was sick the day of chemo, short lived but sick none the less. That never happened much before. I expect fatigue tomorrow when I am done with the two and a half day stint of weed killer drip...we shall see. Sometimes I tire of the routine, appointments many, medical paperwork is always right up there, time seems short, and there is an abundance of things to do the get our lives in order. sigh.... I have put off going to the Cancer Center of America for now... not sure why.... just not ready to look at something else that is located where I do not wish to be....we shall see. I spoke with someone who went there but she went for reasons that do not interest me or are different for me. Besides, she was stage two or something and I would really like to chat with someone who is stage IV like myself. Anyway, on hold. I will continue on course, chemo for the next three months, scan and see if tumors shrink again, if so chemo working so we continue with periodic time off. Watching for increased side effects, none yet, which will prompt a change in chemicals... I will update. Thanks for listening. I need to sign off, caught a lousy cold which only compounds fatigue... and general yuk feeling. See you next post, stay positive.... that one was for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Keeping positive thoughts, Deb. When you're not feeling as yucky we'll do lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete